2.08.2008

No Excuses, but can I still give ya a few?

I really don't have any excuses on why the state of my blog is what it is. However, I will still try to give ya some. As the saying goes, golden streets to "you know where", or something like that?!



Since the happily welcome and overwhelming response to the pumpkin patch photo booth (excuse#1) , I have literally been consumed by my camera, computer and stiff arm, neck & back. I have drank way to much dark liquid and have gone through an alarming amount of concealer for those under eye black circles. I regretfully didn't send out Christmas cards, I still want to because they will be travel brouchures to entice y'all to head up North. Maybe they will arrive with Hoppy Easter wishes or if I'm lucky, St. Patrick's Day. I was going to send our love for Valentine's Day, but cupid has got me in the bud (that is full of chocolate, I must say) once again and has rose colored my sweet intentions and now it is just 6 days away. The Canadian post could never be trusted with that kind of time sensitive material. Hence, my frequent trips to Babb, MT (#2).



We celebrated Clark's 5th birthday (#3) on 12.6.07 with a fun miniature golf & pizza party. We combined Clark's celebration with my brother, Colton's 19th b.day party (Dec. 5) because on our planned adults only (meaning no kids, of course!) evening night out, my mom unknowingly ate a nut and had a severe reaction that almost took her from us (#4). She is highly allergic to nuts, and has always been quite careful. This little culprit was hidden by homemade Christmas chocolate, how was she to know? She ended up in the hospital over night, because the first three doses of epy stuff wore off and it came back. Scary, scary stuff. Not fun, but she is a trooper and the next day she was Christmas shopping & partying with us all at Clark's party. That's my girl!



We had parties (hosted the ChopStix employee party, too) and deliveries (#5) , mostly of photos, but gifts as well. I also was asked to take the pix of the primary children at our ward Christmas party (#6). Wowzers, there are a lot of children out there. Hee, hee. It was really fun. I love kids.



We also had Jonathan's sister Jessica, husband Alma & their little guy, Alma Cooper with us, as well as his brother Jami, wife Pam & their little guy Danai, for a few weeks over the holidays.(#7) We had fun together and loved to hear the little guys pitter patter as they ran through the house. Clark was such a good big brother. They all played so great together. Not to mention, Jonathan's baby sis, Molly, came home for a bit & we always rip it up, well, at least we stay up too late & have fun (#8). She is always a breath of crisp fresh air. That's my girl!



During the holidays, even Christmas Eve day I was able to squeeze in a family session that was so fun! I love the holidays and the togetherness of it all! It must be documented and I was glad to help! (but I'm also using that as an excuse #9, it's all good!)



Then new year's came and we partied like it was 1999! Really, I had to pull my husband home at 4:45 a.m., & he is usually the party pooper! He found a new love, Guitar Hero, or was it Rob & Braelyn? The last of the die hards. Then I think we slept for about two days (#10), because it is however, 2008!!!



Thank goodness I read the vampire series by Stephanie Meyer BEFORE Christmas (#11, #12, & #13). They were so fun. I hosted book club for December (#14) and I believe we (Stephanie & I, hee, hee) hooked a lot of women onto that fast, love struck, dangerous, & captivating ride. Did I mention there was a chocolate fountain at book club, too? Ya, it pays to read!



The year has started out as fast as the previous year disappeared. We celebrated 20 birthdays in January (#15), it's a good thing they all don't live here in Canada. That's a lot of cake, people. All were family members except for our sweet Alivia (5 years old!) who lives in Idaho, & who knows, maybe one day she will be part of our family. ; ) Happy days to all of you!



One of our main attractions this month has been my totally awesome brother's Missionary Marathon! The second weekend of Jan. he had his farewell (#16). We started it with attending the temple with him. Always good. Adults only dinner that evening. Always Good. Sunday he spoke & that was fun because not only did we get to hear his fantastic talk about prayer, my sister Mandy & her hubbie, Gary also spoke. When Mandy & Gary bought my parents house this past summer, part of the "deal" was that Colton came with the house. (my parents are in the process of building a house & are currently dwelling in a two bedroom apartment, Colton was relieved to stay) They all sat together & it was even more fun to see my dad sitting up there too, as High Councilman for their ward. It was like an old fashioned farewell. They wouldn't let me sing my solo for the musical # though. HA! That's a knee slapper, just so you know. My mom & I worked for way too many hours searching, scanning & preparing a slideshow (#17) for Colton's "farewell dinner" (#18). Since she lives in such a small space, her only option to have all her children together was to set up eats at the jr. high school gym. When we get together for dinners, my aunt Sally & uncle Shane & their kids, Stetson, Lexi & Dillon & of course grandma Dorothea are always included. That makes 23 of us. Colton also invited his girlfriend & her family, some cousins, uncle Jim & aunt Barb, his two friends that came home from school & their families. Needless to say, it was a full on farewell, Old School Style with over 56 served, & served well, I might add! Thanks mom & everyone who helped!



Two weekends later we had my niece Emma's b.day & baptism. (#19) My sister Keri sent her two girls, Ivy & Abby, from Edmonton to share in her special day. We went bowling & later to the baptism. It was a fun & fast weekend that ended with Megan's maternity photo session. She is due on 2.20.08. We are so excited for her & Mason! Hurry baby & get here.



The next week to follow was chillin' with Colton (#20) & last minute missionary shopping. We had lot of fun, almost like an extended Christmas holiday just with less people. My parents took him Sunday to Utah so he could report to the MTC as of Wednesday, 2.6.08. What a whirlwind, yet divine month we have shared together. He is going to be an awesome missionary in the Georgia, Atlanta mission. I can't wait for his pix, especially of how warm & green they will look! I can feel them now. We love you Colton & we are always praying & cheering for you!



We are already 8 days into this cute little month & it is going to be a big one. With Mason & Megan's baby coming, the snow blizzards & freezin' temps, ChopStix menu changing (after all, I am quality control, I'll have to eat there a lot, excuse #21) & 8 booked photo sessions, a trip to Edmonton somewhere in there, the month will disappear. My only hope to keep it real & remembered is this blog, & trying to keep it current. (#22)



I know my excuses were adding up, & probably most inexcusable. I know my life isn't much different from all the wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, working & stay at home working moms, but really, my thoughts & intentions are good. We love & miss our dear friends & family. Happy Everything to Everybody!!!

3 comments:

julie said...

Love it! I have been checking your blog and wondering when I could read some more news from you. I love reading your blog because you make it so entertaining. Thanks for the birthday wish for Alivia. She loved it. Oh...and the Stephenie Meyers books....SO GOOD! I read them back in October & I feel like I am going through withdrawls waiting for the next one to come out. I am glad that you are doing well. You photography is amazing! I am so proud of you! Love ya..julie

Tamara said...

Yeah! So glad you're back to bloggin' on the ins and outs of your cute and BUSY family! How fun that you're staying so busy with your photography and lovin it! I'm very impressed with your commitment and talent!

The Kerr Family said...

Shanna, you're the best! I need to come up with excuses like that for not updating my blog. I'm just lazy and my computer is too slow!

Keep On Lickin'

Keep On Lickin'

How many ice creams have you licked this summer?