2.05.2008

How lucky am I? 2X that's how lucky!

So I have been tagged by my friend Julie, which gives you a chance to learn something new about me.



The rules are:A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.



1. Whenever something really upsets me, for example: an irresponsible crime leaving innocent people, especially children, harmed or worse, or some government regulation that is again an irresponsible crime to innocents, I have this almost uncontrolable urge to start a picket line, or write the editor, and I go over and over things in my head and all the 'awesomeness' I can unleash in rebutle to the situation. Most of the time if it is unleashed it falls upon my husbands (most of the time) deaf ears while he is tuned into sports center. I think that is called all talk & no action.



2. Don't tell, but one of my guilty pleasures is taking walks in late summer evenings just at dusk, the sun has set and the sky is turning dark, and everyone's curtains are still open! Not that I'm a peeping tom, I don't stop, I just kind of glance as I pass by, checking out how others spend their hot, lazy nights, what they watch on t.v. or surf on the net. How they decorate their homes is my favorite. It is just an innocent curiousity, really. People fascinate me. Maybe I should people watch in a public place in daylight. ; )



3. For only playing it about 6 times, I rock at Guitar Hero Wii. Almost all of the music that I've played with it I am very much aquainted with from my younger years and some still current. It's pretty funny when people find that out about me, a little heavy metal & grunge, they would never have guessed it.


4. A newly formed habit over the last 10 months has been going to my mom & dad's whenever I want! Now I only live 12 minutes from them instead of 12 hours, like it has been for the past 10.5 years! That is a habit I definitely don't want to break. (my sister is right around the corner too!)


5. I love camping. Getting dirty & early morning tent smells when it gets way to hot and it's not even 7 a.m. However, I will NEVER turn down a hotel room, with two queen beds, lots of down pillows & down comforters (my fave is Holiday Inn Express), a miny fridge, a remote to watch t.v. in bed & a phone in the lue!



6. I'm always the one with the camera, trying to savor the moment, record the memory, all in the sake of posterity purposes, as I tell those who don't like having their pic taken. (Of course with every intention to scrap it all up in a cute album.) I have finally started to share that with everyone, not just my photo box that keeps piling up. That is why I started Silver Slides. Back in November 2006, I started by doing slideshows with clients' photos for their upcoming special events. Then for Christmas I got a sweet little powershot camera and most of 2007 spent time seeking out the unusual in the usual (I call them my magazine shots) Then I found my Nikon at Thanksgiving and it was an instant love connection. Now Silver Slides Photography is keeping me very busy. I still love the slideshows and it is a thank you gift to all those that let me in their lives for that short time. I love people, and helping them smile & capturing their sparkle makes me feel great. Sharing the joy with others that that one smile or look from a loved one can bring, goes a long way. Priceless.

Thanks for reading abit/alot about me. I now shall tag Susannah, Cindy, Jessica, Emily, TJ, & Jenna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you, so glad to connect. I wish we had gotten together when I was up there. I have many excusses and none are good enough for being such a rotten friend. Big, bigger, and about to burst, is my excuss I am going with. I love your blog. I have been dabbling in photograph and find that I am becoming every passionate about it. Wish I was near so we could play with our cameras together. Keep intouch and I will add your to my friend list when I figure it out.

Keep On Lickin'

Keep On Lickin'

How many ice creams have you licked this summer?